Monday 9 October 2017

MY CRY BABY - Part 8













Part Eight




We immediately rushed to the hospital when her water broke suddenly. The paramedics and our parents reacted very well to the emergency whereas I was still frozen to the core. The way to the hospital had my mind go in all possible directions. I was a bit relieved when the doctors took over.



I was informed after 6 hours that they had to do the C-section as she was physically exhausted and the baby can be in stress if delayed. Those hours when she was in the Operation Theatre were the most agonizing and distressing moments which never seemed to end. The time didn’t pass at all and all I could see was the unconscious face of my wife.



I hurried to the doctors as soon as they were out of the Operation Theatre.



Doctor: Congratulations, it’s a baby girl

Me: What about my wife?

The doctor's facial expression took a drastic change, dread-filled inside me. I repeated my question to him.

Doctor: I am sorry to say that we couldn’t save her. She had so much of internal bleeding.


The world turned upside down in an instant. None of us could believe it. Our parents tried to stop me from running away but I had to get out of the hospital, it was suffocating. I don’t know how I reached the roof terrace. 


The only thought running through my mind was to let go of my life, that I had no one to share the beautiful moment of my life, that she is gone and nothing matters now. All of a sudden my chest constricted, I walked fast and reached the balustrade.


My thoughts broke with the ringing of my mobile.

Cry Baby calling

I picked it up and couldn’t speak.

MS: Hello? U there? Tell me you are okay. I had this terrible nightmare. I lost..

There was a long pause and I could feel her crying, it was then I realized that I too was covered in tears.

MS: I can't even speak about it, you tell something

I gulped and said, I am fine

MS: what?

Me: I said I am fine

MS: Thank God..

Me: But she is no more, internal bleeding it seems, I too am going to die

I sat on the balustrade and turned myself to the other side facing the ground. I just had to let go of my hand…

MS: Are you mad?

Minutes passed in silence and I was about to cut the call when I heard her apologizing.

MS: I am sorry, I am sorry. Please don’t cut the call. I may not be able to understand exactly how you feel, but I care about you and want to help. Okay? You are listening na?

Me: Hmm

MS: You need to think about the baby bhai. She needs you. How could you even think like that? Huh

I was mute

MS: I may sound harsh to you but you need to think practical yaar. Don’t do things in a spur of a moment. Tell me where are you now?

I couldn’t lie

MS: Hato waha se pehle..NOW she shouted 

And there was stunned silence. I moved away from balustrade. I heard her harsh breathing on the other side.

MS: You moved right

Me: Hmm

MS: Bhai, speak to me, tell me something.. anything

Me: I am walking towards the hospital building

MS: really? You promise?

Me: Hmm

MS: Please speak to me

Me: I promise

MS: Great, now go and see the baby. I am sure you didn’t, otherwise, you would never have such thoughts.

I was taken aback making me think how does she know me so well.

MS: You are going to see the baby na?

Me: hmm

MS: Be strong papa

Me: Thanks

MS: Chup kar, waise beta hai ki beti?

Me: Beti

MS: Waah yaar!! Pari aayi hai. Send me the pictures soon, okay?

Me: Hmm

MS: Kaha thak pahuche? Lift mein bhi accha signal aa raha hai

Me: I am taking stairs

MS: Oops 

She started giggling and a small smile couldn’t help but touch my face.

Me: I am almost there now

MS: It's okay, I will be on phone, you walk

A few moments later I saw my father and our parents enquired about my whereabouts.

MS: I can hear uncle and aunty. Ab mein rakhthi hoon.

Me: Hmm

Amidst the chaos, my mother pulled me towards the crib and showed my sleeping daughter. With heavy steps, I reached my wife, hugged her and cried accepting my fate.




-----



Translations: 


Bhai: brother

Hato waha se pehle: Just move from there

Chup kar, waise beta hai ki beti?: Shut up, by the way, is it boy or a girl?

Beti: girl
Waah yaar!! Pari aayi hai: Wow dear, angel has come

Kaha thak pahuche? Lift mein bhi accha signal aa raha hai: Till where did you reach? We are getting good signal even in the lift

Ab mein rakhthi hoon: Signing off now


-----



Authors note:


So, like it so far!! please do tell me in your reviews. 


And I would like to thank all my readers for taking their time and leaving a comment/reaction. 

I apologize for my grammatical mistakes in advance. 

Thank you for stopping by :)

I hope you have a great day ahead :)




-----




Next part:





Previous part:


Part Seven













1 comment:

  1. painful part but in painful also showing their bonding , caring nature, worried about them..he broken after hearing his wife died ..time god his sister called him in correct time otherwise he take huge step..after she assured he safe ..she did not call..so adorable bonding ..
    maaneetfavo

    ReplyDelete