Friday 4 August 2017

MY CRY BABY - Part 5


















Part five


And she really was fine and I was greatly contended, thank God for that.


For a year or so after her marriage, I made a point to have a video chat with her at least once or twice a week. I always had a fear.


As the time passed, her smile grew a bit, her eyes radiated more happiness as well as her reassurances to me. Never in my life, I had so severely insisted on a video chat. I guess her husband had an idea why I did so, but I didn’t care then. He was a man of few words. He would sometimes join her during our chat sessions and we somehow gang up against my sister and tease her a lot.


As the days passed, I was immensely relieved.  She gave birth to a beautiful baby girl.


After I completed my studies, my new professional journey began. I landed up with few jobs for an experience which ultimately made me shift my base to the US with an MNC. I took it up and everyone was happy especially my family.


Few days before my departure, my sister’s nagging started. She would complain about the distance but then would be proud of my achievements. She would complain about the distance and time difference but then would pretend to understand. She would complain about me being vegetarian would limit my food choices, not taking care of myself and what not. I couldn’t understand how she would bring each and everything and blow it out of proportion. She even cribbed that I would marry a Firangi and never come back to India. I felt half of my life was spent on listening to her carping. Women can be tiring. Period.


The first thing as soon as I settled down was to call her and give my phone number. I even had to give my work email id to please her.


One nagging stopped and after a few months, other started. This time from my mother. I had to get back to India to get married, directly, no engagement. My mother made the choice, she was very happy and eventually I had to accept, there was no other go. There was no talking back.


I conveyed the news to my sister, my mistake. I can never forget the way she and jiju [I liked calling him jiju, it took a bit of time though] teased me. My Goodness, several times I logged out of skype midway.


Fortunately, it was the holiday season.


As the schedule was tightly packed, I didn’t have the chance to meet my would-be properly making me grumpy. Considering only her looks, she was really a beautiful girl.


I enjoyed all the rituals especially Sangeet where everyone irrespective of their age shook their leg. I felt elated seeing happy faces everywhere. I captured the moment when my mom and my wife danced together [My wife, yes, that realization felt liberating and even euphoric sometimes]. To be included and to include others felt good.


Especially her. I liked her. A lot.


-----


Translations: 

Firangi: Foreigner


Jiju: Brother-in-law


Sangeet: Indian wedding tradition that involves singing, dancing and music



-----




Authors note:

So, like it so far!! please do tell me in your reviews. And I would like to thank all my readers for taking their time and leaving a comment/reaction. I apologize for my grammatical mistakes in advance. 





-----



Previous part:


Part four



-----



Next part:

3 comments:

  1. lovely part..he settled down to abroad but still he touch up with his sister and jiju..his marriage also fixed..and his sister have blessed with girl child

    maaneetfavo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is this the end of the story ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleas click on the next part 6, this story has 12 parts.
      I am working on the epilogue.
      Thank you :-)

      Delete