Sunday 3 September 2017

MY CRY BABY - Part 6

















Part six



The D-Day finally came.



I eagerly waited for the Jaimala ceremony where I could get the first glimpse of my bride. The world stopped. She looked like an angel made only for me. Words fall short. That feeling of happiness, contentment, and possessiveness at the same time is difficult to describe. I felt honored to share my life with her.



The garlands exchange was playful. I couldn’t take my eyes off her. She trembled when I accidentally touched her. I just wanted to hold her and carry her away from all the prying eyes of the world.



The priest was proceeding with the rituals, on the other hand, I was busy glancing my wife when suddenly a tiny pair of hands encircled my back, rocking me. For a second I was completely taken aback and angry for breaking my gaze. I almost scolded that kid but was pleasantly surprised to see the exact miniature version of my sister and kind of relieved that she finally made it on my big day.



I hugged my niece tightly and gave a loud kiss which she rubbed off vigorously. I laughed and enquired about her mother. She told she was feeding her brother somewhere. I scolded her for running off and making her mother worry but she told she was eager to meet me. My insides literally melted. I kissed her forehead again and settled her comfortably in my lap. And kanyadaan ritual began making my wife shed a few tears. Before I could do anything, my niece wiped her tears and told her not to cry else her makeup would get ruined. 



Everyone including the priest had a laugh.



She ran off my lap as soon as I had to stand up for my phere



The meaning of the 7 phere was recited.


In the first round or phera, prayers to God for plenty of nourishing and pure food.

In the second round, prayers to God for a healthy and prosperous life.
In the third Phera prayers to God for wealth.
In the fourth round prayers to God for the increase in love and respect for each other and their respective families.
The fifth phera is taken to pray for the welfare of all living entities in the entire universe and for begetting noble children.
In the sixth round around the fire, prayers to God for the peaceful long life with each other.
In the final seventh round prayers to God for companionship, togetherness, loyalty, and understanding between themselves.

After my phere, I finally saw my sister. She had a bundle of joy in her lap and had a big smile on her face. She pointed my wife and me and gave a thumbs-up sign making me smile wider. I didn’t find Jiju though. I nudged my wife and pointed in her direction. They both acknowledged each other.



As I turned and had a proper look at my wife, the view cast a spell on me. I was mesmerized, her nose got slightly covered with the sindoor as I was putting on her forehead. My touch on her slender neck as I tied the mangal sutra left us both trembling. Her smile grew bigger and a sense of contentment filled me. For long I couldn’t take my eyes off her.



God, I was married and it felt great.



Finally, I had the chance to properly introduce my sister and family. My niece gave a gift to my wife. Immediately I asked her mera gift kaha hai? She told me I came na mama.



My sister laughed and handed me my nephew and exchanged hugs with my wife, mother and even father while I was completely left alone. My insides told me bahut na-insaafhi hai bhai. Only my nephew was with me, he was a delight. Much later, we all proceeded to have dinner.



At last, I saw my sister in front of me.


Me: Who are you?


She laughed, I can see through your anger cutie


Me: Don’t call me cute


My sister: Of course you are cute


My niece laughed and I glared at her.


My sister[hinting at the baby]: He is sleeping peacefully in your arms. Generally, he doesn’t.


Me: We are friends unlike others


My sister: Hey [she was cut off by a call] here, talk to your Jjiju



He congratulated me and welcomed into the club. I couldn’t even laugh properly with a sleeping kid in my hands. He apologized for not coming. I let it go and gave the call to my wife. Their conversation ended swiftly.



My sister: it's time to leave now


Me: Really? I didn’t even talk to you properly. When will we meet again?


My sister: In my daughter’s marriage


Me: What?


My sister: We tend to meet only during marriages


My niece and I were annoyed at her but she continued laughing.


Me: Stop kidding yaar


My sister: Ok ok. But we will always in touch 


Me: Ya but still


My sister: Listen, your wife needs your support. Especially in US. Be patient, ok. By the way, she is a great girl.


Me: Ya, I know. But what about me?


My sister: You would make everything right yaar. Afterall you are my bro.


I rolled my eyes but she giggled.



My father interrupted that car was ready to take them to the airport and we bid our goodbye.



-----



Translations: 


Jaimala: Jaimala is the garland exchanging ceremony in an Indian wedding.


Kanyadaan: Giving away of the bride in Indian weddings.


Phere: Phere are seven vows taken collectively by the bride and the groom as they do the parikrama around Agni Dev by taking him as a witness.


Sindoor: Sindoor is a symbol of matrimony and it is first put on a woman by her husband on the day of her wedding and becomes a daily ritual thereafter.  


Mangalsutra: In Hindu weddings, the mangal sutra is a 'sacred thread' that is worn by a married woman to mark her marriage.


Mera gift kaha hai: where is my gift?


Mama: Uncle


Bahut na-insaafhi hai bhai: It is very unfair, brother


Yaar: buddy




-----



Authors note:


So, like it so far!! please do tell me in your reviews. 

And I would like to thank all my readers for taking their time and leaving a comment/reaction. 
I apologize for my grammatical mistakes in advance. 




-----


Previous parts:



Part five





-----



Next part:

1 comment:

  1. cute part ..sister and his dialouge so cute one..i love it and his niece also naughty ..he excited wearing mangulsutra someone interpert after seeing person face..his angry changed to blessed one..his siter child, his niece..so lovely bonding ..i love it
    maaneetfavo

    ReplyDelete