Saturday 9 December 2017

MY CRY BABY - Part 11














Part Eleven



I don’t know how time passed, 17 years to be precise. Only dark phase I remember was the loss of my parents in a car accident, a few years back. The people whom I took for granted left me alone in this world. It was a difficult phase which brought me closer to my daughter. 


Back in India for the funeral proceedings, my sister took care of everything. No words were exchanged when we saw each other. She ran and just hugged me tightly and I just couldn’t stop myself anymore. Her presence itself was soothing. That day, the lost the only link I had to my ancestral home.


And now all I could remember was the time spent with my daughter. We both opening up to each other, teaching each other a lot of things and becoming friends was the best part. I wouldn’t say best friends but she was open to talking about most of the things.
I used to get terrified whenever there was the mention of mother-daughter dance, graduation night and prom night. Prom night was by far the scariest part for me. But when a boy her age came and asked my permission to take her to prom, I had a talk with him. I hoped it scared him to the core. Everything went well that day and my angel was happy. I was relieved.


When the same boy came years later and asked my daughter’s hand in marriage, I was shocked. They both turned out to be middle-school sweethearts still I never knew. I immediately disagreed. They were children and still studying. But that boy pleaded that he was about to get into medical school and that would take years for him to get settled. I was adamant. 


My daughter was annoyed with me for a while but still, they both were together even after 2 years and then, I had to agree. My daughter’s happiness grew no bounds. She kissed my cheek and gave me the tightest hug. 


Her marriage was fixed and I went to the airport to wait for the arrival of my sister’s family.


Hers was a completely different story. She managed to get her daughter married to a groom of her choice but her son was a totally distinct case. He refused to get married at any cost and threatened to leave home for the same. He wanted to continue with his medical studies and didn’t want to have personal commitments. Instead, my nephew adopted a beautiful girl who was left behind in his hospital just hours after giving birth, near the garbage, crying. 



My sister was a very proud grandmother.



My thoughts broke when their flight was announced. I was happy to see di and Jjiju. The children couldn’t make it due to some commitments.


They brought 4 different kinds of lehengas and took care of most of the rituals and customs. I was relieved. I really missed my wife and my parents, they would have loved every bit of today.


An Indian wedding was followed by a Christian one. My daughter looked like an angel on earth in both the occasions. Personally I felt she looked brighter in the Indian wedding. I always feel the white Christian bridal outfits don’t do justice to the women’s beauty, it lacks colour. But I kept my opinion to myself.


Post wedding rituals made me very emotional especially father daughter dance. The thought of letting her go terrified me. She was my anchor who kept me sane. 


My daughter bid her final goodbye.


Di and jiju also took leave as soon as everything was settled.








-----



Authors note:


So, like it so far!! please do tell me in your reviews. 


And I would like to thank all my readers for taking their time and leaving a comment/reaction. 


I apologize for my grammatical mistakes in advance. 


Thank you for stopping by :)


I hope you have a great day ahead :)





-----




Next part:




Previous part:

Part 10






No comments:

Post a Comment